If you love crepes, but you don’t love gluten, dairy, or lots of sugar, this gluten-free crepe recipe is for YOU. This delicate crepe recipe is quick, easy, and so delicious! Top with your favorite toppings (banana, peanut butter, strawberries) and you have a healthy and fun breakfast!
what are crepes?
Crepes are a thin, delicate version of a pancake originating from France. They are often served as a breakfast food or a dessert. Crepes are super versatile, and you can fill them with any toppings/fillings you would like. They are often made sweet or savory- most commonly filled with things like peanut butter, Nutella, bananas, berries, and more!
how to this gluten-free crepe recipe:
While crepes may sound fancy, sophisticated, and difficult to make, they are actually SO incredibly easy to make. I actually found them much easier to make than traditional pancakes. All you do is whisk together the ingredients in a mixing bowl and cook up on the stove.
For this recipe, you’ll need:
- Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour (like Bob’s Red Mill, Pillsbury, etc)
- 2 Large Eggs
- Coconut Oil, melted
- Almond Milk
- Vanilla Extract
- And whatever toppings you love!
After you mix all the ingredients, you should have a very thin batter. Heat a skillet pan on the stove to high heat. Once hot, reduce the heat to medium and add a tiny amount of butter or non-stick spray. TIP: I like to use just a coating of cooking fat when making crepes. Meaning, if there was an excess of melted butter in the pan, I use a few paper towels to carefully wipe the pan, leaving only a thin coating.
Add about 1/4 cup of the batter to the pan and let it spread into a very thin layer. Let it cook for about 2 minutes, or until it loosens up from the pan. Flip, and cook the other side.
Top with your favorite toppings: peanut butter, bananas, Nutella, strawberries, etc. I used strawberries and a healthier homemade “nutella” made from raw hazelnuts, coconut oil, and raw cacao powder for mine!
Gluten-Free Crepe Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour sifted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine gluten-free flour, eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk until there are no clumps. The batter will be very thin.
- Heat a skillet pan to high heat. Once hot, reduce the heat to medium and add a tiny bit of butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and allow it to spread into a thin layer. Let it sit until it loosens up from the pan, then flip. Cook each side for about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Fill or top the crepes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!