Buffalo Chicken Meatballs: These meatballs are the perfect recipe to serve as an appetizer or a main dish! They’re made with moist ground chicken, zucchini (aka hidden veggies!), almond flour, and the best buffalo sauce. Bonus: they’re #whole30 and #paleo options too if you’re into that!
what’s the secret to perfect meatballs?
Oil your hands: This is completely optional, but oiling your hands and rolling the meatballs together will hold the moisture inside, while making outside slightly caramelized while baking. Delicious all around!
Don’t pack too tightly: When shaping your meatballs in to balls, don’t pack the meat together too tightly or it will make your meatballs tough or chewy. Gently roll them together, shaping without much pressure.
Bake on a wire rack: I prefer to bake on a wire rack so when the meatballs release the fat, they don’t sit in it. Many times the fat will pool at the bottom of the meatballs when baking.
what to serve with these buffalo chicken meatballs:
These meatballs would be a perfect appetizer or main dish. You can serve these by themselves or serve with an arugula salad, roasted vegetables, and more.
Love this recipe? Check out more meatball recipes:
buffalo chicken meatballs
- 1½-2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 medium size zucchini shredded, liquid drained
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce franks red hot
- Start by shredding zucchini into a towel or thick paper towel. Gently squeeze out the excess water from zucchini and add to a large mixing bowl.
- In the large bowl, add ground chicken, egg, almond flour, and spices. Using a spoon or your hands, combine the ingredients until a mixture form and all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, gently roll to form mixture into uniform balls (about 2 oz each). PRO TIP: spray some olive oil or cooking spray on your hands to make them less sticky and to crisp up the outside of the meatball. See above for more tips
- Add each meatball to a baking sheet with a rack to make sure the excess fat doesn't pool while the meatballs bake. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Once baked, toss the meatballs in a bowl with buffalo sauce and serve.