Healthy Glazed Strawberry Bread: Happy Strawberry Season! Strawberries at this time of year are at peak deliciousness, and this bread is the best way to showcase them. It’s naturally sweetened and made with multiple gluten-free baking flours to make the perfectly moist bread loaf.
what is strawberry bread?
You might be wondering, what is strawberry bread? Well, just like banana bread or lemon loaf, this strawberry bread recipe is a delicious take on classic loaf bread. It’s perfect for a dessert or even breakfast. The bread and the glaze are both naturally sweetened and made with a combination of different gluten-free baking flours.
what’s in this healthy glazed strawberry bread?
Almond Flour: Almond flour is the base flour in this recipe. It’s my personal favorite flour to bake with and makes for fluffy, most bread.
Oat Flour: Next, oat flour is the secondary baking flour in this recipe, and I find it adds a firmness to the bread while also giving it a delicious texture with small flakes of oats.
Arrowroot Starch: The arrowroot starch is used as a binding flour to hold the bread together.
Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is used as the natural sweetener in this recipe.
Strawberry and Vanilla Extract: The strawberry extract gives the bread a subtle strawberry flavor all throughout. So in combination with the vanilla extract, it will taste delicious and make your house smell incredible while baking!
Greek Yogurt: The greek yogurt is used for added creaminess and moisture in this strawberry loaf.
Fresh Strawberries: Lastly but certainly not least, we have fresh strawberries! Make sure your berries are cleaned with the greens removed. Chopped them up into smaller pieces and they go right into the batter!
For the Glaze:
- Powdered Monk Fruit Sweetener: a powdered sugar substitute made with the zero-calorie monk fruit sweetener. This truthfully tastes as close to powdered sugar as you can get without being the real thing.
- Almond Milk: for creaminess and to turn the powdered monk fruit into a glaze.
- Fresh Strawberries: for flavor, color, and freshness.
healthy glazed strawberry bread
- 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan
Bread Dry Ingredients:
- 1¼ cup almond flour about 120 grams
- 1 cup oat flour about 100 grams
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Bread Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup non-fat greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- In a small bowl, start by mixing together the dry ingredients: almond flour, oat flour, arrowroot starch, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and strawberry extracts. Once combined, add in the greek yogurt and whisk until very few clumps remain.
- Add the mixed dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until well incorporated. Add chopped strawberries and combine.
- Add the batter to an 8.5×4.5 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Let the bread cool before removing from the pan and adding the glaze.
- For the glaze: mix together powdered monk fruit, almond milk, and chopped strawberries in a small bowl. Add to the top of your bread loaf once it's cooled.