Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Honey Glaze: Looking for a healthy, easy, and satisfying meal? Well, look no further! This recipe has only a few simple ingredients but has tons of flavor. It uses fresh tender salmon, a sweet and spicy glaze, and fresh produce like mango, red cabbage, and butter lettuce cups!
ingredients for salmon lettuce wraps:
- Fresh Salmon Filet
- Coconut Aminos
- Lettuce Wraps
- Mango or Mango Salsa
- Red Cabbage
- Rice Noodles (optional)
- Sesame Seeds to garnish!
so, what are coconut aminos?
This is my most commonly asked question on my blog. What are coconut aminos? Well, coconut aminos are a soy-free alternative to soy sauce. They have about 75% less sodium than regular soy sauce. They are made with the fermented sap of coconut palm, but they do not taste like coconuts.
Truthfully, they taste very similar to soy sauce, but they’re gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free. As well paleo and whole 30 compliant. Coconut aminos are one of my favorite things to cook with to give a delicious, Asian-inspired teriyaki taste flavor with clean ingredients.
For more recipes using coconut aminos, click here.
where can I buy coconut aminos?
You should be able to buy coconut aminos at most grocery stores. Oftentimes they are tucked away in a specified ‘health food’ section, or they may be with international items like soy sauce. In my hometown in Central Illinois, I’ve found them at stores like County Market, Harvest Market, Whole Foods, and Trader Joes. And of course, Amazon!
There are also many products called “Liquid Aminos” that will work in replace of coconut aminos as well, but they are not made with just coconut. They do contain some soy, and have slightly higher sodium content but are still a good alternative to soy sauce.
Salmon Lettuce Wraps with Sriracha Honey Glaze
- 8 oz fresh salmon filet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 butter lettuce wraps
- 3 oz rice noodles cooked
- 3 tbsp shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup diced mango or mango salsa
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- sesame seeds to garnish
- Start by dicing your salmon filet into about 1-inch cubes (see photos above) and cut the skin off of the salmon. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic until lightly coated.
- Heat olive oil in a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Once hot, add each piece of salmon leaving room between each one. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Mix the coconut aminos, sriracha sauce, honey, and minced garlic in a small bowl.
- Push the salmon pieces to the outer edges of the pan and pour the sauce into the middle on medium to high heat. Let the sauce gently simmer until it thickens. When a glaze begins to form, coat the salmon pieces in the glaze.
- Cook rice noodles to package instructions. In a small bowl, juice 1/4 lime over the red cabbage and mix.
- Assemble your wraps by adding the rice noodles, glazed salmon, red cabbage, and mango. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!