This healthy sausage sheet pan meal is a delicious and easy weeknight dinner idea! It has tons of different fall and winter vegetables that makes it so flavorful, along with chicken sausage for protein! This recipe is perfect for a family or for meal prep as it reheats very well.
Going into the new year, I decided I wanted to make more of an effort to share the “everyday” meals are in our weekly dinner rotation. While these are so delicious, they’re also super simple and I often overlook sharing them.
During the fall and winter, we truly make this once a week in our household. This combination of harvest vegetables are flavorful, yet filling, and along with the chicken sausage makes such a nutritious, well-balanced meal. This recipe also reheats very well, so we typically eat the leftovers for lunch, and I’ve even made this one for meal prep a time or two!
healthy sausage sheet pan ingredients:
Sheet pan dinners are known for being quick and easy to make. This one is no exception! All you need is your favorite chicken sausage, some harvest vegetables, olive oil, and seasonings. Throw everything on the sheet pan, bake, and you have a flavorful, nutrient dense dinner!
Chicken Sausage: For this recipe, I use chicken sausage because I love the flavor and it’s slightly leaner. But you can use any kielbasa-like sausage of your choosing. Tip: when it comes to buying sausage, I prefer to buy organic options as they tend to have cleaner ingredients and less fillers.
Vegetables: This sheet pan dinner uses tons of harvest vegetables that are in season during the fall and winter months. You’ll need brussels sprouts, butternut squash, red onions, and sweet potatoes.
Olive Oil: For roasting!
Seasonings: You’ll need granulated garlic, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Healthy Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- Sheet Pan
- 4-6 chicken sausage links coined
- 1 sweet potato cubed
- 1 red onion roughly chopped, large pieces
- 1½ cup butternut squash peeled and cubed, ~1/2 a squash
- 3 cups brussels sprouts halved, ends removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut and prep all of your vegetables and sausage for baking.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and add everything to it. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle all the seasonings on top. Use a spatula or your hands to ensure everything is well coated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes depending on how crisp you prefer your vegetables. Enjoy!