These healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are the perfect muffin variation for pumpkin season. They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, and absolutely delicious. The blend of almond and oat flour makes these muffins so moist and fluffy, and the pumpkin pie spice makes them perfect for fall!
I always think I’m not a huge pumpkin fan until pumpkin season rolls around, and I’m obsessed all over again! These muffins are only a subtle amount of pumpkin without being too overbearing. They’re moist, delicious, and perfect for a healthy snack or even a quick breakfast on the go.
Pumpkin Puree: It’s important to use 100% pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe.
Eggs: You’ll need 3 eggs for these muffins.
Maple Syrup: Pure maple syrup for natural sweetness!
Almond Butter: Almond butter is used to replace oil in this recipe. If you prefer, you can substitute peanut butter (or any nut butter) if needed.
Almond and Oat Flour: This recipe uses a combination of almond and oat flour to make the fluffiest muffins! It’s the dynamic duo in my opinion 🙂
Cinnamon and Nutmeg: For all of the cozy pumpkin spice feels!
Dark Chocolate Chips: Use your favorite chocolate chips and measure with your heart as always!
Baking Powder and Salt
healthy pumpkin chocolate chip muffins:
These muffins are incredibly easy to make. All you do is mix up all the ingredients to form your batter and portion it into a muffin tin. Bake at 400 degrees for about 22 minutes and voila! Delicious pumpkin muffins ready to eat.
FAQ- Tips & Tricks
Firstly, these muffins are made with a blend of almond and oat flour, making them gluten-free! They are also naturally sweetened with maple syrup making them free of refined sugar. And hey, they’re loaded with raw pumpkin puree which counts as a vegetable in my book 🙂
If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can use an 8×8 baking dish as well to make small cake slices. The baking time should be around the same, just check periodically to make sure it’s not over-baked!
Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- muffin tin
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree 100% pumpkin, not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter or nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips for mixing and topping measure with your heart!
- Start by adding pumpkin puree, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and nut butter to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Next, add in the dry ingredients: almond flour, oat flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, salt, and baking powder. Fold all dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until a batter forms.
- Fold mini chocolate chips to the batter, saving some to sprinkle on top of the muffins. Portion the batter evenly into the muffin tin to make 12 equal muffins (or 10 larger ones).
- In a greased or lined muffin tin, portion the batter evenly to make 12 equal muffins (or 10 larger ones).
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, remove from the pan, and enjoy!