These easy mashed sweet potatoes are the perfect addition to your weekly dinner lineup. With only 3 ingredients and ready in under 40 minutes, these are so easy and delicious!
Move over regular mashed potatoes and say hello to these mashed SWEET potatoes! This recipe is so easy and delicious and includes 3 different options for preparation. Whatever option you choose, I can assure you these will be a hit with the whole family!
All you need is:
- Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Butter (can substitute ghee or olive oil)
- Almond Milk (or milk of choice)
- Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
how to make mashed sweet potatoes:
This recipe has three different options for preparing, depending on what kitchen tools you have on hand.
Option 1: Using an electric hand mixer. This option allows you to control how smooth or chunky you want your potatoes. Simply boil the potatoes and use a hand mixer to mash them.
Option 2: Using a food processor. If you have a food processor on hand, this is a really simple way to mash the potatoes. Simply add the boiled potatoes to the food processor and give it a few gentle pulses. This option makes the sweet potatoes more on the smooth and creamy side, rather than chunky.
Option 3: Using a potato masher or a fork. If you don’t have any of the above tools, you can always manually mash your potatoes. This option may leave your potatoes more on the chunky side, but delicious nonetheless!
Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Electirc Hand Mixer (Optional)
- Food Processor (Optional)
- Potato Masher (Optional)
- Potato Peeler (Optional)
- 3 medium sweet poatoes about 1-2 lbs
- 1 tbsp butter can substitute ghee or olive oil
- 1 tbsp almond milk more for creamier consistency
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Start by boiling a large pot of water. While that begins to boil, wash and peel your sweet potatoes. Here you have the option to peel your sweet potatoes before boiling using a peeler or knife OR you can remove the skin after the potatoes are boiled.
- Once the water is boiling, add sweet potatoes and boil for about 25 minutes or until fork tender. NOTE: each sweet potato will vary in size so watch as they boil to ensure they don't overcook.
- Drain the water and prepare for mashing.
Options for Mashing:
- Option 1: Using a hand mixer. For this step, add the peeled & boiled sweet potatoes back to the empty pot. Add in the butter and mix until slightly broken down. Next, add in the seasonings and almond milk about 1/2 tbsp at a time, and mix again until they reach your desired thickness.
- Option 2: Using a food processor. For this step, add the peeled & boiled sweet potatoes to a food processor with the butter and seasonings. Gently pulse until blended. Next, add in the almond milk about 1/2 tbsp at a time, and pulse again until they reach your desired thickness.
- Option 3: Using a potato masher or fork. For this step, add the peeled & boiled sweet potatoes back to the empty pot or a large bowl. Using a potato masher or a fork, manually mash the potatoes until broken down. Add in butter, seasonings, and almond milk about 1/2 tbsp at a time, and mix again until they reach your desired thickness.
- Top with dried parsley (and more butter if you want!) and enjoy.