Where are my comfort foodies at?! If that’s you, these healthy baked chicken tenders are FOR YOU! Pretty much anything that tastes like a classic comfort food but made with wholesome ingredients is a 10/10 in my book!
This is one of my favorite recipes EVER to make.
I’ve included options to make these in the oven and in the air fryer! Both equally as delicious.
Oven Baking vs. Air Fryer
Baking: Baking your tenders in the oven is the most accessible option for most people, considering not everyone has an air fryer. Using an air fryer will cut the cook time in half, but depending on the size of your air fryer you may need to do multiple batches!
Air Fryer: Air fryers are all the rage and for a good reason. The air fryer will make the chicken tenders slightly crispier than the oven, without any added oil.
Both options are great, it’s just personal preference 🙂
what do I need to make these healthy baked chicken tenders?
Chicken Tenderloins: I prefer to buy my chicken tenderloins already cut, but you can use any cut of boneless chicken you have. If you choose to use chicken breasts, I recommend dicing in to nugget size pieces or cutting the breasts in half to make them thinner (for cook time purposes).
Eggs: The sole purpose of the egg is to bind the almond flour to the chicken.
Almond Flour (& seasonings): Pretty much the star of the show here is the almond flour. The almond flour is used as a breading to make the healthy baked tenders crispy. I find that the almond flour bakes up really nicely and adds a perfect healthy breading.
Healthy Baked Chicken Tenders
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix almond flour & seasonings together. Dip each tenderloin in the egg wash, followed by the almond flour mixture.
- Place the chicken tenders on a lined baking sheet (no oil needed, but a light spray of olive oil will make them crispier).
- Bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown & cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Place the tenders on the air fryer pan. Spray with olive oil spray for extra crispiness (optional). Air fry at 400 degrees F (in two separate batches if necessary) for about 10 minutes each batch. Flip the tenders at the halfway point.