Pesto Pasta Salad
The perfect summer pasta salad made with homemade fresh pesto sauce. Serve this warm or cold, it's delicious either way!
- 1/4 cup olive oil high quality
- 1/2 cup pine nuts cashews work as well
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1½ cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves a large handful
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast or parmesan
- 1/4 tsp salt more to taste if necessary
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp water optional, for thinner consistency
- 1 package chickpea or red lentil pasta or pasta of your choice
- 3 mini cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 3 mini sweet peppers chopped
- 100 grams crumbled feta optional
Start by adding all ingredients for the pesto to a food processor. Pulse until fully blended. If it is too thick for your liking, add a tablespoon or so water.
Cook pasta to package instructions and chop all vegetables. Add the pesto sauce and vegetables to pasta in a large bowl or pot. Mix well until everything is coated.
Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes or longer if you prefer to serve cold. If serving warm, add the pesto to pasta in a pot and lightly warm on the stove before adding the vegetables.