Homemade Greek Yogurt Popsicles: I don’t know about you, but this time of year just makes me think of popsicles! I’ve never made my own popsicles before but this process was just so much fun that I can’t wait to make other flavor combinations. This recipe is made with greek yogurt (which gives them some protein!) and sweetened with fresh berries and honey. Making these popsicles would be such a fun activity if you have kiddos too! Whether you make them for yourself or with your kids, the options with these popsicles are endless, and all you need is a popsicle mold and your imagination!
what do I need to make these homemade greek yogurt popsicles?
A Popsicle Mold: The first thing you need to make your own popsicles at home is a mold to give them shape! I ordered two different molds from Amazon to try and I much preferred this one. It came with a base container, a lid, wooden popsicle sticks, and sealed bags for storage after they are frozen. It makes 10 popsicles total.
Greek Yogurt: This recipe uses greek yogurt to make them a creamy popsicle. I love using greek yogurt because it gives it some protein and added sustenance. I used the brand ‘Two Good’ Vanilla Greek Yogurt with 1.5% milk fat. You can use nonfat yogurt as well, but keep in mind the higher the percentage of milk fat, the creamier they will be. I found that 1.5% worked just fine!
Fruit: I used a mix between fresh strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, but the options are endless. You can use anything you prefer! I’m thinking peach basil popsicles are in my near future!
Sweetener: I choose to use honey for a touch of natural sweetness, but any sweetener should work here. You could use maple syrup, honey, monk fruit sweetener, organic cane sugar, or whatever you prefer.
Milk of Choice: You can use any milk of your choice, I personally used coconut milk for some extra creaminess but any milk should do.
Vanilla Extract: I personally used vanilla yogurt so vanilla extract isn’t *necessary* but I did add a tiny bit just because! Vanilla extract belongs in any sweet treat, right?! If you use PLAIN greek yogurt, vanilla extract will be necessary so don’t skip it.
homemade greek yogurt popsicles
- Popsicle Mold
- 2 cups strawberries, blueberries, or blackberries or fruit of your choice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups vanilla greek yogurt I used Two Good Vanilla Greek Yogurt (1.5% milkfat)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice organic cane, maple syrup, monk fruit, honey
- 1/2 cup milk of choice i used coconut for creaminess
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small to medium saucepan, add berries with one tablespoon of water to soften on medium to low heat until they begin to soften (about 5 minutes total). The berries will release water and become ore liquidy, and add a ton of natural sweetness!
- While the berries soften, mix together the other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix yogurt, milk, vanilla, and sweetener.
- Now for the fun part: take the popsicle mold and add a layer of yogurt followed by a layer of the softened berries and repeat until each mold is full. You can leave them as is or take a skinny knife and swirl each to give them a design and texture.
- Add the top of the mold and the popsicle sticks. Freeze for a minimum of 12 hours or up to 24. To remove from the mold, run the container under warm water for 30 seconds to a minute and they should pop right out! Enjoy 🙂